Wow! Last night I was the last person to fall into bed... at 8:30! Gives you some kind of indication of how busy we have been over the weekend. And, to use a phrase Jake has just adopted, "Time sure flies when you're having fun!"
It began on Thursday. What a purrfect summery day it was. We started out by having some girls over after school to run through the sprinkler in the backyard. They migrated to the driveway to lay on their towels and dry off and play a little game of chess.

When the girls' parents stopped by to pick them up a couple hours later their dad asked if we would be up to going to the lake. When? Right now! We most definitely were! Everything is more fun when it's spur of the moment. We threw some gear together, called Mike with the bad news that we wouldn't be home when he got there, and neither would dinner, and took off. SO MUCH FUN! The kids went tubing and Amelia was a regular little lake rat. We parked the boat in the middle of the lake and all swam around while people took turns sitting in the boat with Lady Love. She kept standing up and smacking her hands on the side of the boat and squealing with delight.
Friday night the kids all went to a pool party and barbeque with some friends, and Mike and I went out with all the adults in his family. We went out to eat to celebrate his passage of the bar. It was really fun to dress up and go somewhere fancy, and not have a baby wiping goobery crackers on my shoulder. Ahhh...
Saturday was birthday parties and a fun family bike ride.
Sunday was a wonderful Mother's Day. Flowers, cards, yummy food, and a nice nap!

Jake made
me a card, poem,
and the
standard:
a rock.
It must
be
true love.

Andy drew a
picture "with a
heart!"and
"bumpy Clouds."
"Look, I even drew
hair just like yours!"

this
poem
rocks
as much
as I
guess
I do.
On Monday we continued the excitement with an official swearing in of our new attorney at law. It was great. Afterwards his office hosted a great luncheon. Lots of good food and fun company!


It began on Thursday. What a purrfect summery day it was. We started out by having some girls over after school to run through the sprinkler in the backyard. They migrated to the driveway to lay on their towels and dry off and play a little game of chess.
Friday night the kids all went to a pool party and barbeque with some friends, and Mike and I went out with all the adults in his family. We went out to eat to celebrate his passage of the bar. It was really fun to dress up and go somewhere fancy, and not have a baby wiping goobery crackers on my shoulder. Ahhh...
Saturday was birthday parties and a fun family bike ride.
Sunday was a wonderful Mother's Day. Flowers, cards, yummy food, and a nice nap!
Jake made
me a card, poem,
and the
standard:
a rock.
It must
be
true love.
Andy drew a
picture "with a
heart!"and
"bumpy Clouds."
"Look, I even drew
hair just like yours!"
this
poem
rocks
as much
as I
guess
I do.
On Monday we continued the excitement with an official swearing in of our new attorney at law. It was great. Afterwards his office hosted a great luncheon. Lots of good food and fun company!

2 comments:
Busy, Busy! Sounds like a terrific weekend! Glad you had a good mother's day!
So Fun! I LOVE the hair, poem, and rock. It's too much fun having your own little fan club!
Post a Comment