Mike did it! He made our day, our month, and our year.... He passed the Texas Bar! He found out the results a day early and surprised me with the news on his standard call to me while leaving work for home. Needless to say, I started freaking out. I think if any salesman would've knocked on my door at that time, I would've swung him out onto the porch and danced with him!
The boys and I were jumping up and down and yipping/shouting/squealing. Immediately upon hearing the news, Jacob announced that we must cover the house with congratulations signs. He and Andrew rushed to the wardrobe and lugged the bin of crayons and a huge roll of drafting paper over to the kid tables. They colored and taped like crazy to finish it all in the 45 minutes we had until Dad got home.The lowest picture of the three on the door was drawn by Andy Roo. I asked him if it was a happy Daddy dancing. He informed me that it was actually Daddy "passing the bars!" He also did the lower poster on the garage with "Dad in a whole land of bars!" and lots of happy faces.
When the much anticipated Man of The Hour arrived he had a beautiful bouquet of red roses in his hands for me! The first thing he did was thank me for helping him do it. I, of course, started crying. Then the boys excitedly took him on a tour of the posters on the garage, door, lamps, fireplace, his chair at the table, and his bed pillow. We then went out to celebrate at a delicious Italian restaurant.
What a fun night! Amelia could sense it and was bouncing all over the place. We are so happy. So blessed. So grateful for the support we have received from so many, and for the encouragement to go at it again.
A new chapter begins.....
1 week ago

5 comments:
Congratulations Mike! I'm seriously so happy for you!
What a great moment for your family. This was a long time coming and you guys deserve this happy time! We love you and are so proud of ALL of you! Way to go Mike!
Yeee-haw!!! Your boys are so thoughtful. Congrats to Mike and of course to you. I am sure you did your share a Bar Prep!! I am up late from ward volley ball night. Don't you miss playing volleyball in Michigan pregnant. That is my first memory of you!
LOVE you guys and SO SO happy for you!
Love the land of bars and the roses made ME cry! I'm am so flippin' out of control excited for you guys!!! HUGE SCRUMPS!!!! There are not enough exclamation points in this comment)
Post a Comment