A few girlfriends and I got our kids together and went out for a day of fun at a natural swimming hole. There was a hike in, and we were super prepared (read: packed tons of stuff), and suffered the consequences. Large cooler filled to the top with drinks, water toys, towels, sunblock, babies on hips, kids in flip flops...large boulders and roots to traverse...
When we got there I said, "I don't know how long you ladies were planning on staying, but after THAT, we're staying all day - or until the food and drinks run out!" And stay we did. All of us, all day. We had so much fun! (there were also pretty regular refrains of, "Leah, don't let me see you again until that Gatorade is gone," and "Kids - have all the water and cantaloupe you want, please!"
The water was cool and refreshing and there was a trail that led all the way around that the kids would explore when they took breaks from the water.
Amelia loves the water!
Jake and friends goofing off.
We were so pleased that we went through all the food and all but two of the water bottles! Success! And a much easier time climbing out of there! (:


5 comments:
adding this to my list of reasons that austin is THE place for us.
Ditto Alissa.
Okay, so I seriously need to come and experience this Austin...lets see...packing, cankles, moving, giving birth....I am sure I can fit a trip to Austin in there somewhere right? This looks like SO much fun and I'm glad that you didn't forget your swimsuit this time!
emma lee- just explained to Mike what cankles are, he got a kick out of that.
I can't believe you are so far along. Aughh!
I cannot believe he didn't know what they are! I am lucky this time they are not nearly as bad as they were with Warren but they are a little swollen by the end of the day.
Post a Comment