I inherited a cake decorating book (circa 1987) from my mother-in-law ages ago. My boys love looking through it.
This afternoon Jake asked me to get it down for him. After browsing it's pages he brought this picture over to me:
"Mom! This is the one I want for my birthday! Still foxy at 50!"
"Ha! I think that cake is for a 50 year old, Jacob." (not wanting to explain foxy to him.)
"It's okay. We'll just write 'Still foxy at 7!"
"Mmmhmm, how 'bout you look for a second choice, too!"
Here's the second choice. Kids kill me.
**Don't think I'm not SERIOUSLY tempted to make the fox cake -saying and all. What a hilarious memory! I just wonder if he would hate me as a teenager looking back at photos, or if I would spend half my time at a party trying to quietly explain the cake to parents. I'll get back to you if it happens (:


6 comments:
Ha! That is hilarious. But what a clever way to use a Christmas tree pan :)
I say go for it. 'Still foxy at 7' has a catchy tone.
Anyway, the fox looks easier than He-Man.
I'm dying. I am dying! Everything! Foxy at 7?! Have a powerful birthday! I'm going to pee my pants. Brooklyn is sleeping on my lap and her head is shaking back and forth with my wild giggling. Funniest post yet. Maybe it just struck me at the same time the temperature in my house hit 150 degrees. But in any case I will be laughing all day I think. Explaining to the parents. Oh-that's good.
You've got to make that cake!!!
LOVE it! I tell you, that Jacob is one smart little cookie. I bet I know who he was hoping would be coming to his party to see that FOXY cake....what was her name again? If it is written on a cake then surely she will be impressed and know without a doubt that he IS a FOXY man!
He-man is also pretty impressive...a striking resemblence to Jacob wouldn't you say?? If you do He-man you have to get him a wig for his party. Love that boy!
Okay, your post just made my day. I am LAUGHING. And I need it. Thanks, Cheri, and I think you should make the fox cake. It's awesome.
I had to show Clay, expected the blank stare, but he laughed!!! We vote Foxy! He thought the "powerful birthday" was pretty awesome too. Just a thought: a He-Man wig would be an awesome white elephant present.
Post a Comment