1 week ago
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
School's In Session!
I just got back from dropping off my sweet Jacob for his first day of SECOND GRADE! i can't believe we are already at that point. His teacher is Mrs. Tyler. She is new to the school and seems very nice. We had a great visit with her yesterday - it was the day to drop off school supplies and see your classroom.
He has 14 kids in his class. How fantastic is that?! I love this small school. It was so fun to walk over this morning and have everyone calling all the kids by name, giving hugs, asking about their summer. I came home all energized and wanting to go myself!
Instead I guess I'll have to settle for quiet, while Andrew and Amelia continue to snooze. (tough life, but somebody has to put up with it.)
Have a wonderful day, Jacob!
(He chose and laid out his clothes last night. Remember doing that? He just got his new shoes yesterday, and ran up and down numerous aisles at Target "to make sure they're fast enough for P.E." He also was worried that his new jeans look a touch on the feminine side, so he decided wearing his camouflage belt "would help make sure that people know they're boy jeans.")
______________________________
I went upstairs after putting up this post and Andrew was showing signs of movement. I sat down next to him and proceeded to have this conversation:
A: Mom, where's Jacob? (said Jay-ub, very quickly. almost sounds like Jub.)
Me: He's already at school!
A: why didn't you wake me up? i wanted to say goodbye!
M: I tried and tried, but you didn't even move. I even told you he was leaving and you didn't hear me.
A: well Mo-om, I had my ear lids on and they were locked up. why didn't you open them?
M: I guess I don't know how.
A: You just reach into my pocket and turn and "CLICK!" they unlock!
**I wonder if that would work on Mike on Sunday mornings?
Posted by Cheri at 8:03 AM
Labels: Andrewism, first day of school, Jacob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
So great!! Good choice with the camo belt. You look so handsome! Congratuations Jacob! I hope you have a wonderful school year! Love you!
phew... good thing he's got on his camo belt... or else i mighta thought he was a girl! 14 kids is a fabulous class size! especially for 2nd grade.
Seriously, I am in love with your son Andrew. Thanks for posting all the hilarious things he says. And I'm with Jacob on the camo belt. That always sets things straight.
Jacob makes me laugh. I think the camo belt sounds like the perfect touch!
Lets talk soon. Love ya lots.
Post a Comment