YES!! YOU'RE RIGHT!
Our first home and we are SO CRAZY EXCITED! We closed this morning and I am currently brushing spackling dust off my face from some of the prep we've been doing for painting. It is such a cute little house and will be great for our family. Three bedrooms, an office, newly renovated kitchen and bathrooms, and a full length covered patio in the back. A huge backyard with 2 producing orange trees. We are just one street over from where we live right now, and still within walking distance of the elementary school and pool.
But best/most important of all.....it feels so right. We saw it and knew it was ours.
Here is a shot of the side and back yard. (sort of)
Standing in our front yard you can look across the street to a great park with trails and a baseball diamond and playgrounds. This is a different one from the one with the pool - it is just at the other end of our street.
More pictures to come of the inside once we have put in our mad week of work.
Today after school I met Jake with his bike. He saw me and shouted, "Are we going to our new house?!" I told him we were, and he jumped up and shouted with glee , while I was laughing - Tee Hee! (indulge me, it's a poem my family loves).
We biked the trail and it took us 4 minutes. I am now looking forward to a beautiful little bike ride each morning with my buddy.
The rest of the evening was spent scraping popcorn ceilings while the boys camped out in the living room, occasionally joining us to demonstrate their skills with screwdrivers, spackling knives, and brooms. Random wall hooks were removed and popcorn was carefully herded into piles on the carpet with scoopers (aforementioned knives).
Amelia slept off all her previous frenzied exploring in her OWN NEW ROOM!! Sweet girl. She mastered the tall flight of stairs and loved the feel of the tile underneath her. She would speed all over the house and loved to shout as loud as she could in the bathrooms and listen to her echo.
We are all so happy!
4 weeks ago

11 comments:
i'm so positively giddy for you! it looks fabulous!
oh my goodness you got it!!!!!!! thats just fantastic! i am so excited for you guys i bet your just jumping up and down, i would be.
IT'S SO CUTE!! I'M SO EXCITED! WE WANT TO SEE! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! SO SO SO FUN AND JUST AWESOME HOW EVERYTHING WORKED OUT! WE ARE SOOOOO EXCITED!
Cheri...we need to talk! Your house looks fabulous and could it be modern?...that would rock! I really really like it. Let's get together...yeah yeah yeah
We are so excited for you!! I have been wondering what happened with this! No wonder I can never catch you at home! I will keep trying you. CONGRATULATIONS!! Woo Hooooo!
PS the home number you called before is our old number but my cel is the same. Try that one again when you can. ;)
Cheri, that is so exciting! I am so jealous of your orange trees!! mmmm. I can't wait to see what the inside looks like!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! Best wishes on the week of work! We love you guys!
Congrats!! Now the real work begins...lots of yard work and projects, but it is all so rewarding. We're so happy for you!
First off, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Second, I hate both you and Katie. Just kidding. When I looked at Katies blog on Sunday, she had just posted that she had bought a house. I thought to myself "well at least the Anderson's are still renting with us." Then I went to your blog and read your news too!!!!!!!!!! Man, I am so jealous of you all. Well I can still keep dreaming. No, I am really excited for you guys. It is a great time to buy and good for you for saving up. Now, if only the bay area prices will drop.
love ya
Ronna
CONGRATS! We love our first house too. Not sharing walls is amazing. Having kids have their own rooms is delightful. And extra bathrooms is positively splendid. Can't wait to see the finished product. Hurrah!
Post a Comment