Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday Buffet

Here are a few little things that were running through my mind as I laid the floor singing to my boys tonight....

I read a fascinating article in the New York Times today entitled "Are your friends making you fat?" So interesting. Obesity was not the focus, nor was avoiding fat people so you don't end up that way....but social mannerism movement studies that were intriguing, and also made me excited to continue making happy, healthy choices with the realization of the great effect it can have on those around me. Can't wait to discuss it with Mike tonight.

When I got home from mutual (church youth group that I help lead) I went upstairs to check on the boys and Jake was engrossed in Aesop's fables, and Andrew was settling in to bed wearing....blue gardening gloves. "They help keep my hands soft, Mom." (whatever, honey. Will they help you fall asleep faster?)

Just two weeks ago I was sad, realizing that our dress up stuff doesn't get used near as much as it used to, and then today.....

some adorable little girl decided she knew how to undress and dress herself and enjoyed herself very much. She was a clone trooper, then robin hood, then this. Looks like we may need to add a few female characters to the basket.

And we had fun making and eating peanut butter chocolate cookies. (After Jacob consumed too much dough he informed me that he "maybe isn't such a fan of peanut products after all.")

This is not to say we didn't have two very difficult hours trying to get homework done, or craziness at the dinnertime hour, or crankiness from the two year old when told she had to eat something this week besides cheese, but I just had to chuckle tonight at all the funny, sometimes odd, and varied things that can happen in the home in a typical day.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very interesting read. Thinking, thinking....

Emily said...

I am going to read that article now. Anything to battle fat. :D Amelia looks far too cute in fatigues!