Monday, January 25, 2010

Schnoogie Doogie Puddin' Pie

I love this kid!
Lately he has started writing notes to Mike and I. When he writes the word "I," he writes it the way he says it..."Iee."

And the kid bounces constantly. Add this and a serious case of clumsiness, and you have ridiculously frequent shrieks of pain and Andrew writhing on the floor. Honestly, I am not quite sure how it happens....the other night Mike and I were sitting at the kitchen table with him and in a split second he was off the chair and on the floor, hugging his shin AND his head and crying about how they both got whacked on the leg on the table. Mike and I looked at each other like "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" Or he dances straight into the back door. Or runs around the corner and slams into the wooden arm of the couch. Or is standing in the middle of the kitchen and while doing his constant hop - twists an ankle and falls down. You get the point.

Every time I hear the shriek I can't help but start laughing. He is definitely a crier. But I love him. What a crazy nut.

4 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

That is so funny! Yesterday my 4 year old fell off the counter and smacked his face straight into the floor. It was the second time in 4 days he has fallen off the counter...so I swore it would be the last time he climbed up onto the counter. Until 3.5 minutes later when he did it again...ahhhhh!

Emily said...

Oh. I want to hug that kid. He is such a cutie! I can relate with the clumsiness. It seems the older I get the worse I get! lol

Unknown said...

What about:
"I was just laying on your floor, and the computer power cord went into my mouth, and it shocked me."

I always say -You gotta be tough if you're going to be dumb. Andy's toughness will catch up.

-Mike

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

Here's to the unexplained. I call it "The miracle of the sacrament cup". Sunday when I took the cup of water it soaked my opened scriptures, drenched by tie, created a pool under my bottom and took three swallows to empty. Go figure.

Andy Roo, hang in there. We love you inspite of your bumps and bruises!