A cold spell came through Texas, and with it an actual snowstorm. The next morning we had almost an inch of accumulation, so schools closed, work was canceled, and we played. First order of business was a proper snow fort with some neighbors.
Next up was sledding. Sleds aren't sold here, so we got cookie sheets, trays, and cardboard boxes to slide down a hill. At least we had donuts and hot chocolate when we went, so we didn't miss actual sleds too much.
Finally, we had a snowball fight. Fantastic fun.
1 week ago

8 comments:
dont mind me... i'm just finding it hilarious to see your kids sledding on a dusting of snow. course, my kids would be doing the same as we have NEVER had snow... but still, it's the principle of the thing, ya know??
YAY!!! An update from Mon Cheri!!!
I love it!!! It still looks like it might be in the low 70's. :) Your kids have THE BEST smiles!
I took pics of kids sledding up the canyon yesterday and thought I could really go sledding every day! I LOVE it! Great idea with the cardboard. Wasn't it you & Mike that used cafeteria trays to sled down Old Main hill with?
Good fun !!!!! Boy if school closed with one inch of snow, the kids would be going to school all year long in Bend or Salt Lake
Love you have fun
Cheri, I honestly think you must be the coolest mom ever!
Love that you were able to do so much with so little snow! I am sure the kids were in heaven though! You guys are always doing something fun! Hope you are all doing well! Love you all!
I couldn't help but think of the adage "Give an inch and take a PILE". Amazing what you were able to do with so little. Well done. Jake, thanks for your call filled with excitement. What a great day.
I love how much fun you're having in so little snow! Michigan days seem long ago, huh?
Wow!! It looks like a little bit of Michigan came to you. Weren't those the good ol' days.
Post a Comment