I'm so tired, and my mind is in a million places, and I have two pressing projects that need to be done tonight, but I cannot be on my feet anymore, so I will take a break lying down and record some things I've been meaning to.
-A couple of weeks ago was our week of shows. Mostly having to do with magic and art. The boys made out tickets and money and collected them behind the play cash register. There were top hats, things disappearing under handkerchiefs, music, pirate ship drawing contests, castle drawing contests...and ALWAYS a drum roll called for before the winner was announced. Pillows were laid out for each person to sit on, and place cards were made. I think we did it 4 different nights in one week. It was so fun to see the boys' creativity and planning.
-I love that when Andrew gets really excited about something he cannot stop hopping while he tells you about it. I also love that he stutters for the same reason. "and, and, and, and, 'JACOB! (he shouts), stop interrupting! I'm telling Mom about it!' and, and, and then we......"
-Jacob is playing soccer for the first time and is really enjoying himself. He is pretty aggressive at getting the ball from others and has made a few goals. He runs all out and is exhausted and happy at the end. I was not able to go to his first game and so I asked him about it when he came home. He talked about the team doing well, but only making two goals while the other team made three. It wasn't until Mike came in that I found out Jake had made both the goals, and that even at the time of making them - while everyone cheered for Jake- he acknowledged the boy who made "such a great pass" to him. He definitely made his momma proud with that!
-My garden is in! What? Do you hear that? An angelic hallelujah chorus?! Yes. It is beautiful. Smaller than originally intended, but good for my first time. I have 6 tomato plants, 2 zucchini (when we came home from the store, Jacob went running out to show Andy the zucchini plants and Andrew hugged them to his chest "Mmmm...zucchini bread."), 1 cucumber, and a number of herbs. It is so enjoyable to sit and weed for a little while in the evening while the kids play.
-We have a playscape finally! I scoped one out on Craig's List and the kids love it! Amelia could swing forever, and the boys are awesome to push her whenever I am doing something else. They are so funny together.
-On a past Friday the boys and I were having one of those "What would we ever do without our little Millie girl?" conversations. On Saturday evening Mike and I were worn out from a day in the yard and Jacob made dinner for everyone. And not the same thing for all of us, mind you. He even made me a salad with chicken on top! (Leftover ingredients, but he did have to cut a few things). He called his operation "Jake's cowboy cookin'." He then insisted on doing all the dishes and wiping down the counters. I was thinking "This boy is HEAVEN SENT!" Later on as I was weeding the garden he came and sat down next to me.
"Mom? Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure, buddy boy."
"Do you ever wonder what you would do without me?"
Oh my goodness! He got kisses and hugs and lots of reasons why we would be so sad not to have our wonderful Jacob around!
-And lastly, little Amelia Love has grown some hair and I can put it in pigtails! So exciting! She is adorable! She loves to have her hair done. If I mention it, she runs to the bathroom and waits to be lifted to the counter. She also wears my shoes everywhere and likes to pick out what shoes she and I will wear. The other day she played dress up in her room. She would point to the items she wanted, and wait patiently for me to put them on, would walk around for awhile (oh so conscious of herself), and then would choose new things to wear. She cracks me up. I want to squish her always. OH YES! -she really loves to prance - she has this little hop in her step all the time. And she wears a "pearl" necklace most days and headbands around her neck, and loves to fold her arms now.
-So that's that. Some things I didn't want to forget!
1 week ago

7 comments:
That was a darling blog. I love hearing about your family. You really have great kids. Today I just looked at all the pics you have on here.Brandon and I love your family. In fact tonight we were just talking about how smart Jakers is. Smarter than any other kid his age as well as kids a few years older than him. You guys all have your heads on straight. We love you!
your family is just cute cute cute! really.
this particular blog just really made my day. thank you.
Cheri....you my friend put Mary Poppins to shame! Hey do you have that magic bag cause if you do I need to borrow it sometime? Anywayss, always such a thoughtful momma and each time I read your posts I resolve to be better at sitting down and making myself record all the precious happenings!
Jacob - I am happy to hear that you love soccer and are doing so well at it! I bet you would be awesome at creating new "plays" for your team. You should create your own "play book" and give it to your coach! Maybe next time we come visit we can come to one of your games! AND....I don't know what I'd do without you either. I am so glad your my friend. :)
And, and, and, and give that lovey girl and Andy Roo a big big hug and kiss from me too!
Love you all!
SO fun to read. I need to see all of you!! Your post made me all smiley inside & out. :)
I love to hear your stories, they make me feel like I am almost there with you. Your children are so wonderful...I love them! I wish Amelia could come over, we have so many dress ups :) And Jake can cook for me any day. The other day Lucy changed Eden's poopy diaper without being asked (she's never been asked anyways) And she did a perfect job! I love this helping age!
Bird, Thank you for letting us have a peek into life at the Andersons. Some pretty special kids and parents too.
Post a Comment