This past week a little nine year old girl at Jake's school was killed in a backyard accident. I was asked to make a memorial poster/banner (for lack of a better word) to hang in the school. What a task.
If I was concentrating on my lettering or cutting, I was okay, but every time I would stand back to check centering and I would see her sweet face smiling at me from her picture, I would fall apart again. Her poor family. I don't like to even imagine.
That realization came again of how quickly life can change. That I need to always be striving to be close to my Heavenly Father. To follow Him each day and act in faith, so that I am strong and prepared and trusting when unexpected challenges come my way.
I am so thankful for the presence and spirit and joy each of my little one's bring into my life, and to know that when our loved ones pass on, that we will have the chance to be reunited. Such comfort it brings.
1 week ago

8 comments:
Ugh!! How heart wrenching. (Scarey...what is a backyard accident? I hope my backyard is safe.) You are so thoughtful to do that for the family. I know that I need to treasure my children more and be more positive with all the things they are doing right instead of the things they do wrong. Treasure life is a good message and pray even more for peace when things like this happen.
I also appreciate your last post. I need to do more of that before those moments flee my memory. You're doing a great job.
What a sad thing. How is Jacob doing with it all and the other kids? Our thoughts are with you all as you go through this sad time. Thank goodness we have the knowledge of eternal families to help make it through hard times.
What a project!! That is one of those things that you see & you appreciate but never think of how difficult it must have actually been for the person to make. Wow.
Thanks for your thoughts, they help me put my thoughts in order too. I love you guys!!
Oh man, I am so sick for that family. I can't even imagine the pain they are feeling or will feel for the rest of thier lives. I hope and pray that they will feel peace and love from others like you. I will have to say a little prayer for them. I hope you are doing well. The Lord works in mysterious ways. But he also heals more than anyone can ever even imagine. I hope for their sake they let Him in. Take care Cheri. Love you guys.
Thank you for sharing your feelings. In the "confidential world" I live in it is amazing the strength and power of faith it times of tragedy, loss, heartache, and loneliness. I always walk away counting my blessings and being reminded of how grateful I am to have been taught the plan of happiness and the power of the redemption.
I am SO glad for the gospel too. How would we ever go on without it.
It is such a heart wrenching thought. I pray that they will find peace in the Savior and his everlasting love. You are a wonderful friend.
I got goose bumps just reading your comment. It is true, no matter what we do to protect ourselves from change, it still can happen in the blink of an eye. I don't know how I could handle it without faith and hope in God.
Post a Comment