Okay. I am having a bit of confusion about how my mother raised 7 children. My reality is that the moment my third turned one, part of my cerebral cortex went missing. Really.
Proof:
- I had to reschedule a doctor's appointment for Andrew three times because I kept forgetting it. Yes, each time it was scheduled for a quiet time in the morning. Yes, I wrote it on my calendar each time. Yes, I received reminder phone calls the day before from the dr. office. Each time I was doing nothing important (dishes, laundry, picking my nose, trying to remember why I opened the refrigerator door...) when I would remember. It was ALWAYS about 30 minutes after the appointment time. AUGHH!
- One of Jacob's good friends had a birthday party yesterday afternoon at Main Event -a place Jake has been dying to go to, and a friend he doesn't get to see often. Yeah - forgot it.
- I have forgotten to feed Amelia lunch....ahem, not sure how many times. (This is how you train your children to be proactive. )
- A couple weeks ago I left the house and ran errands without a bra on. No Katie - it was not planned.
Yes, my poor husband and children. But. . . . . "All ya need is love!" Right?

13 comments:
I'm there with you, Cheri. I like to tell people that I have Swiss Cheese brain. I think the analogy speaks for itself... :)
You too? Curse the scatter brainedness of motherhood! And yes, your mom is a momma rock star! 7 kids, and I bet they all turned out amazing!
And I totally just made up the 'brainedness' word. In my lack of recognizing normal words, it just looked grammatically correct. Insert the very problem you were discussing. I think I was trying to come up with something more along the lines of brainlessness. Will we ever return to normal?
Yea, this week I spaced taking dinner to a lady who just had surgery. Supposed to do it Wed but got to do it tonight.
Forgot to call the teaches who were in charge of class sharing time last week.
And Bras.....are totally overrated!
Cheers! ;)
HAAHHA! Have I ever told you I love you not to mention your hilarious blog? Losing your mind is where it's at!
Hahahhahaha! This is me! I really don't think you have to have 3. I have forgotten to take Brandt's immunization records to school so many times now that on Monday he will be expelled. EXPELLED. Yes. Please remind me Monday morning to take them so my poor son doesn't have to suffer from my lack of focus!!
Haha! Staring in the fridge. You KNOW that's what I'm doing!
Lindsay - that is why we were trying to make an appt for andrew. he was short one of his immunizations and they were threatening to expel him as well. STILL - with daily calls and letters from the school nurse I managed to let it slip my mind. Oi!
Bird, a very nice alzeheimer home was recently built on 98th South. I could set up a tour for you while you are here for Christmas. Don't forget to remind me.
Hahahahah! This brings back so many memories. OK, This is the mom of seven setting the record straight. Remember I'm the one who left Haley home from church when she was just a few weeks old. She didn't wake up early that mmorning andwhen I counted kids at the church I remembered I had one more! And don't forget all of the times I drove home without Haley and about 15 minutes later the Westovers wuold pull up and drop her off.... You obviously don't remember the story of me walking around Venice with your dad all morning only to realize that I didn't have my bra on. We hurried back to the hotel so I could put it on. We looked all over for it for about 15 minutes when I suddenly realized I was wearing it backwards. I never spun it around after putting it on. I'm sure my shoulder blades filled it up better anyway. And then there is the time you kids were asked to sing a song at church. Cheri you were to play the flute. Well the Sunday they asked us we went right home and practiced it over and over until it was beautiful. Then I mentally crossed it off my list and didn't think about it again until thtey announced it at chuch. We didn't have your flute, or any music. I just had to tell them I forgot.
I go to the fridge a lot, but I know what I want...it's just not there!
My problem is EVERY time I go to the basement I have to go back up stairs to where I started to try and figure out why I went. I've repeated this up to 3 times for the same thing. SAD!
Mom-
I'm dying. Hilarious comment. And Dad, obviously it will be YOU in charge of remembering the tour of the Alzheimer home, because I have mom brain, and you don't! oh wait - you have old man brain.... (:
Do I know you?
You guys are hilarious. I don't know what is wrong with you because I manage to remember everything except the appointments, getting my girl on the bus, leaving her in tears when she gets home and I'm not there, not to mention every birthday, errands for my husband.... I too wander around the house trying to remember what I was just going to do. Christmas has totally increased that dilema!!
Post a Comment