Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My dear sweet darling children. I am amazed at your abilities. Amazed that God has entrusted me with your care. You are so good. So creative. So intelligent and inquisitive. So forgiving, quick to have fun and look at the brighter side of things.

Andrew - you cleaned out the van as a surprise for me because you knew I would be driving kids from youth group around for a scavenger hunt tonight. You even pulled out all the rugs and beat them and used a wet rag to clean out anything left in the cupholders. You were sweating like crazy! It is an April evening and was 94 degrees out. You were thrilled to be doing it and I overheard you letting Amelia join in as well, using a gentle teaching voice to direct her as to where things went. Here you are enjoying some cold watermelon after finishing your surprise.


Amelia - every time you pull a candy out of the Easter stash Grandma and Grandpa just sent you, you run to me with an identical candy and say, "One for me, and one for YOU!" and then give me an adorable smile with light spilling out of your huge beautiful eyes.


Jacob - I had so much fun running with you a few weeks ago. What a great conversationalist you are! The time flew by and it was so great to be passing it with you on a cool Saturday morning when the world was still quiet. The next day at church one of the men in our ward came up to me and commented that he had seen us and said it looked like I was having a lot of fun with you. I WAS! Here's a funny picture of you from our road trip last summer.


I love you all! I love that you are all willing to work on things with me. I love the flowers Andrew always picks for me, the way Amelia does something (like leak a little bit before running to the bathroom or open her eyes during prayer), tells us about it, and then states, "But dat's okay." With her eyes kind of squinted, her head kind of nodding at a tilt, and always followed by a knowing little laugh of hers. I love that Jacob ALWAYS checks in when at his friends house within the MINUTE of when I've asked him to. ALWAYS. And even if it's just a check in he's already spilling out what a"marvelous" time he's having and what he and his friends are up to, and what they've eaten, and why they're laughing in the background, and "wait Mom, one more thing, David just told me this joke. You HAVE to hear it........" and I end up having to kind of cut him off while laughing and let him get back to what he's doing.

How grateful I am to be your mama.

9 comments:

Cheri said...

This is Jacob.I liked reading the blog post, twas very interesting.I liked it.

Amy said...

Very sweet! I loved hearing all the fun and sweet things your cute kids are up to! I heard something about a fire in Austin? Is it near you? I hope all is well. Love you!

Cheri said...

That fire was less than a half mile from my sister in laws house. She had to evacuate, but they are all fine. It is ridiculously hot and dry here. Forecast today is 98 DEGREES. You read that right.

amydear said...

Wow. I need your children. Or to be reminded that mine can be this way too. Thanks for the sweet post.

nealthomason said...

What a great time, enjoy every min. they go by way to fast. Love great g-pa

Lindsay said...

So very sweet. Such a good mom and such good kids! I love you all and had fun seeing your Nonny & Poppy this week!

Emily said...

They are all great and you are a big part of the reason why! :) Sweet post.

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

Grandma and Grandpa Thomason love you too. We want to thank each of you for the thank you cards that you wrote to us. That was so thoughtful and kind. We are so grateful for all of our grandchildren and for parents who love and care so much. We are happy campers! Now for some giggle buttons!

Amy said...

You'll love that you recorded all those sweet moments. Reminds me that I need to get back into my journaling habits.