My sweet schnoogie doons (Andrew) has been really needing some extra love lately, so Jacob and Amelia were picked up by Poppy in his super cool Jeep and taken away for a sleepover.
We had such a fun night!
*Made a ding and dash delivery to our Secret Valentine family
*Went to his favorite restaurant, Kerbey Lane, where he can get a big ole pancake any time of day
(he excitedly announced to the waitress that he could down 10 pancakes at home, no problem). We discussed all that he is learning at school, he taught me how to do fractions, he explained his version of the perfect dog and he told me a lot of jokes and riddles in his one volume voice
*Stopped by the library to check out books on bald eagles, but they were closed! Never fear, Red Box to the rescue
*Watched Dolphin Tale. I enjoyed the movie, but I spent a good portion of it watching my sons eyes shine as he watched this sweet animal rehabilitate. What an animal lover he is. And such a tender heart.
*I told him he could sleep in my room tonight and I asked him to read the scriptures. He, of course, turned to Luke because that is the only place he ever seems to read. We discussed parables. He kept reading. In the middle of his last verse he started giggling. I was kind of falling asleep (shhh...)and didn't know what he was laughing at. Finally he said, "Mommy? We learned the weirdest song in music class and I can't get it out of my head!" He started singing Puff The Magic Dragon, so of course I joined in. He COULD NOT BELIEVE I knew the song too! His eyes were huge! "How do you know that song?!"
*I am totally crazy about him
*Again, such a fun night
1 week ago

5 comments:
ahhh! this is so cute! So glad you had a fun night.
LOVE YOU!
Two Valentine "hearts knit together as one"! Thanks for sharing. love you both
You're such a good mom to take that special time with your son. What our kids don't understand is that we need that alone time with them as much as they need it with us!
PS...I miss you!
Oh that sweet Andrew! SO very fun and such a great memory for both of yoU!
so fun!!! I love that one on one time!
Post a Comment