Monday, December 22, 2008

Dashing thru the snow,

or at least through the 20 degree weather! Not sure where it came from, but I wouldn't mind a little snow if it's going to get that cold!

Anyway, we went CAROLING last night and delivered zucchini bread to lots of families. It was so much fun! We had a big box full of gaily wrapped bread situated between the front seats and it reminded me of doing the same with all my cousins many years ago in my grandparent's big green van.

All the families loved it and a few had never been caroled to before! I'm very happy that a number of our friends have expressed interest in joining us in the future, so that we have more voices to, uh, BLEND with, ahem.

Oh- and whenever the boys would hand the bread over they would exclaim, "It's zucchini bread!" (one of their favorite treats ever.) The looks on a number of faces - especially those of the children- were classic. (Revolting! Vegetable bread?!?) I finally told the boys to stop telling people what it was, so that it would be a sweet surprise.

So that's that. Had to remember this. Such a great night. And Amelia was decked out in the CUTEST little Christmas outfit with boots and hat. Adorable. Brought the camera, but I guess it wanted to stay warm in the van....

5 comments:

Alissa said...

oh! it is so awesome that you had the guts to go caroling... i'm not sure i could convince matt.

and you can send me some zucchini bread any old time you'd like. i'll gobble up that veggie bread in no time. :D

Emily said...

Yes, I'll take some zucchini bread to go as well. Hmmm...come to think of it, I never did get that Thanksgiving apple pie. ;)

Glad you had a fun time. Wish we would open our door and hear you serenade us. We love to go caroling....and yes (if you can believe it) Weston comes too!

You guys coming for New Years?

Lindsay said...

What a fun night! It made me smile to think back about the green van. How was harmonizing with yourself? Talent!!! And yeah, you probably shouldn't have brought up the bread b/c now you've got us all going. We'll take 2 loaves. I think I could manage one by myself.

Kat said...

Remember singing in the rain? Does that count as "Spring Caroling"? We were strange kids and used to do weird things for fun.

Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

I love it! I loved oregon christmases. That is so much fun that you are doing it with your kids.