Saturday, December 13, 2008

I love...

the innocence of little boys. Jake was picked up for a playdate a few minutes ago. He was posted at the front window anxiously awaiting Jackson's arrival. As soon as their car pulled in, the door was flung open and both boys shouted in excitement and jumped up and down.

Big hugs and shouts are a common occurrence at the playground. Jake and Simon (not so much this year anymore) can be seen holding hands as one pulls the other toward their bandit hideout.

I will miss this as my little sweethearts grow into macho men. Really, though, it is difficult for me to imagine Jacob without exuberance. How it will manifest itself is something I look forward to seeing.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, yes. I think that is a quality that Jacob and Andy Roo was born with....I am sure you will have a life time of exuberance to come. ;)

Amy said...

what's wrong with two guys holding hands? ;) I love that you are treasuring the present. Cute little boys.