Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Schnoogie

It is 11:00 a.m. It is freezing outside. I have been sorting through a ridiculously large stack of papers on my desk while Amelia naps. Andrew has been ignored, is still in his bug pajamas, and was playing airplane on my bed for quite some time. He got quiet a bit ago. I finally finished my work and then turned to engage with him and maybe actually start something fun for the day.

Me: "Hey buddy boy! What should we do?!"

A: (pulls his thumb out of his mouth)"I'm practicing doing nothing. So....go away. I have to get back to work."

Whoa. Hate to interrupt. Can I join you?

7 comments:

Amy said...

hahahaha! if only!

Lindsay said...

I actually wouldn't mind if you held off on the doing nothing bit and just migrated from your desk to mine. My car isn't registered yet (3 months overdue) b/c the paper is lost somewhere in there. I'm afraid & keep the door shut.

Don't worry-I'll keep a close eye on Andrew for you while you work. He and I could get along.

amydear said...

I'm going to try that one next time my kids ask me what I'm doing. Jillian's version is "I just have sooo much to do. I am sooo busy just playing and stuff." Love it!

Emily said...

Genius...I think I will start practicing that right NOW!

Kerri said...

Hey I just found your blog...so great to see what you and mike are up to! What a beautiful family you have! Kerri Hatch Whitney

Kat said...

So cute! Ohhh - to be a kid again. You have such an awesome relationship with your kids. Truly noteworthy.

Kevin Jones said...

Oh, that KILLS me! I love it!