Jake was home sick today, and by this afternoon was just at that in-between point of starting to feel better but not wanting to move around much. He was done with sleeping and watching movies and wanted something different to do. So....
TA-DAH!!! Up steps mom with a dramatic reading of The Night Before Christmas. All three kids were squished on our big boxy chair (yes, the who-knows-how-old chair still lingers from Provo days) and had huge eyes. As I made pattering sounds and pretended to throw up the sash, they watched my every move. I almost started laughing out loud as I visibly saw Jacob (dare I say it) begin to BELIEVE again. I hope so. And Andrew and Amelia were quite taken. Especially as I stood next to our very tall fireplace and placed my finger aside my nose. Should have them for a good while yet....
Whatever happened to kids memorizing poems? Sheesh! We'd better get to it!
1 week ago

4 comments:
You are so fun Cheri. Another reason why you are my sistah. Give the sickly boy a hug from me.
That was supposed to read: Another reason why I am grateful you are my sistah....although I am kinda fun myself. He he
Oooh, read it again! Delightful.
OK I want you to do the whole thing again but this time video it and then post it on your blog. PLEASE!! I love your enthusiasm, you always had a great passion with reading to kids. Take care and love ya!
Ronna
Post a Comment