Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugaration


History was made today, and fortunately I had my wits about me enough to remember to turn the computer on. Andrew, Amelia, and I watched the whole thing. They loved it. I loved it. I was crying and clapping enough that I think I was making Amelia worried. The feeling of pride I had for the American people was overwhelming. We have come so far. It was thrilling to see this, and to hear so many address it. I loved Obama's speech. Frank and hopeful and inspiring. I am not crazy about every single thing he stands for, but for a lot of them, and just amazed that a black man can be voted in by the majority in this country.

I was so pleased to find out that Jacob was able to watch it at school as well. It's late. I have a lot of thoughts, but I'll keep it short tonight.

I am so proud to be an American and I resolve to do more to make this a great place to live.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Me too on all of it. Heard a commenter (that is also black) say, "Today I heard freedom ring." Then he talked about how it is a huge milestone to have Obama as president. We know how many rights they have but this REALLY shows it. I was really touched by that.

By the way, the word verification is "germa." How appropriate-I feel like death today.Blegh....

Alissa said...

he is definitely an excellent speaker!

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

I am thrilled with the progress we have made as a nation that has brought us to the point that we have an african-american president. I've never understood the racist thing. We are ALL God's children. Long live the "dream"!

amydear said...

I missed the speech but caught the parade. Oops! Better find it online, huh?

nealthomason said...

this was the first time in my like I was excited for the election.
I'm reading his book writen 3 yrs ago. It tells of what was going to happen to us today. (it came to pass) love all of you .gg-pa