Thursday, June 18, 2009

A little bit of this, little bit of that...

While Mike was out mowing the lawn he spotted a very cool beetle. We all ran out to see it, and I caught this sweet moment on camera. All the children are in poses that so well capture their personalities. Jake's back on his haunches, elbows resting on his knees, checking things out, Andrew has got the gumby body hunched down low, (aaaa! this pic was pre-haircut. His hair was driving me nuts!!), and Amelia is matter of factly showing Mike the mail. Mike is a good dad. I love him!


Here Amelia is humming Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and doing the hand actions. I'm not sure if the sweet potatoes run through the hair enhances her onstage look or not....


Jacob finished up his first soccer season. The lower picture shows him on one of the days he was goalie. He was awesome! A lot of balls were shot at him and he stopped them all. He was such a hustler. The minute he would stop the ball, he was alreading running to throw it back into play. He would toss it far over the other players, and one time he threw it so far, the other teams' goalie had to stop it from rolling into their goal. He was so proud of himself and told us that Coach Pat remarked- after he dove on a ball to stop it- that he did it just like a "PROFESSIONAL!!" (: He was all smiles. We are excited to have Andrew start as well.
And one last little bit: The other night the boys and I were entertaining ourselves by looking through a cake decorating book my mother in law gave us a LONG while back. As we looked through the wedding cake section, the boys started deciding what cake they would have at their wedding. I mentioned that their choices were nice and all, but they would have to see if it would be something the girl would like as well....

Jacob: Ok Andrew, let's look again and try to get something with a little more girly in it, but not too much girly.
(they look for a while, hemming and hawing)
Andrew: Here's a good one. It's pretty pretty, and I like it too!
Jacob: Yeah, that's good. Mom? Do the girls get to choose the other things for the wedding?
Mom: Jake, the girls traditionally get to plan the entire wedding.
Jacob: WHAT!? No fair! I want to plan my wedding!.........Well, if she plans the wedding, how could I help?
Mom: Maybe you could offer to go pick up the flowers from the florist, or get the tuxes, or (I can see that he is not listening to me and is thinking hard)
Jacob interrupts: I know what I can do! I'm really good at spreading out the table cloth at our house, so I will tell her that I am going to put the tablecloths on all the tables!!! (is very excited)

Brilliant!

And of course, as we sat looking through the catalog, I was reminded of the last time we sat down and looked through it.

Here's an update. My sister Lindsay made it for Jake and did such a cool job. So funny. (Okay, so I'm like a year behind in posting about it.) Still such a hilarious cake for a seven year old. He thought it was awesome.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the first photo! It is so sweet! And Jacob-you look like such a tough soccer player. How fun! Sounds like you've got some mad skills! I love the potato hair too! classic.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Ha ha! I loved this post!! The first picture is so great with everyone "posed" just as they should be. And then the wedding conversation with the boys... hilarious.
And that "Still Foxy" cake... oh my gosh, so funny!! Good job on that cake Lindsay. :)

Guynns said...

oh my goodness i loved reading this post it was so funny. Amelia looks like little cindy lou who haha i love it.

great job Jacob i wish i could watch you play, you kids are all getting so big i can't believe it.

Emily said...

Okay! I totally wondered how the foxy cake turned out! I love it!!! All these pics were precious.....I am a bummed I didn't get to see Jake play...I bet he is awesome!

Amy said...

Giggle Giggle.

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

We laughed and loved this post. Great pics. Excellent job and the beetle. He is so photogenic. The wedding conversation is a classic. Jacob, or should I say "Pele"? Congratulations. Kids, you have an awesome Dad. Happy Father's Day Mike.

Kat said...

SO funny. I remember that post from last year? Right? Didn't he pick it out of a book.

To funny.