Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summertime is here

Yes folks, long active days and bellies full of watermelon occasionally lead to a face down/in the plate/early bedtime.



Beware the woken child. (This picture kills me!)


Oh, wait. She's back down again.
Her shorts were soggy with watermelon juice and stickiness was everywhere! Jacob picked our first watermelon of the summer and it was a winner. Huge and delicious. We'll probably be working on this monster melon for a week!
*After typing that I realize it may sound like we picked it from our garden, but alas, not this year. We picked it straight from the boxes at the supermarket. (:
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

amydear said...

Love it! Cute pigtails, too. How's the new house working out?

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

Watermelon...the legacy continues. Amelia, I can't think of anything better to be completely immersed than watermelon! yummmm

Jake, great job. It sounds like you have excellent melon selection skills. love, grandpa

Lindsay said...

Wait just a minute...Who is that cute little sleepyhead? That's not your baby girl Amelia. That's a little girl complete with pigtails. Who is responsible for this?
It totally sounded like a homegrown watermelon. Delish!
Jacob & Andrew & Cheri & Mike & random little girl in your photos we love you & miss miss miss you!

Lindsay said...

p.s. the"woken" picture should be framed. That could make you laugh every day!

Polliwog said...

"Beware the woken child"--lol. Truer words were never spoken! She is adorable in all her sticky sleepiness.

Whitmer Family said...

What a cute little girl you have! I love summertime and all it brings...although my children never never never sleep until their head hits their pillow (and usually it's about 30 minutes later than that). super cute!

Emily said...

Hilarious and such great pictures! Maybe I need to try to watermelon trick? PS I love the new paint color/table.....it is new right?

Alissa said...

omgosh... hilarious post. especially the woken child. this inspires in me a post.

Cheri said...

Aimee! I will attempt to contact you here. I LOVE that you found me! I am so happy to see your beautiful family. Every time I try to comment on your blog it never lets me. I've never had this problem before, and have tried lots of different things, but I have read it and am so happy for you and your family! You sound like a great mom.

Guynns said...

oh my goodness! she is a little girl! when did she get so big? these pictures are so funny.

JAKE- you need to let me in on yours secret melon picking skills.

Amy said...

O my goodness! Little kids can sleep anywhere. It's hilarious! I want to see her, and all of you guys in real life. I miss you.

p.s. Your house is cute. I want to see it too.