Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Michael's Weekend

That's right! Mike's birthday always falls right on or before Father's Day, so wham-bam every year. It's a great test of my organizational skills. Luckily, he knows who he's married to and forgives me (generally) for spacing one as long as I remember the other. This year I kind of got both.

(Maybe he'll also forgive me for posting this not entirely flattering picture?)

Lucky Mike! Your very own Star Wars Speeder Bike!

Andy gets crafty.

And this here may not be much to look at, but it was one lump of deliciousness. Chocolate orange torte. Mmmm. I need some more. With whipping cream and raspberries.
Mike is such a great dad. He does secret handshakes with the boys, talks late at night, cuts down big trees with them, takes them on errands, reads poems and great books, challenges their ideas and promotes discussion. He makes Millie laugh, does her hair, eats 10 pounds of fruit a day (wait - that was random), and takes the kids on l-o-n-g bike rides so this mama can take naps on the weekend.

We are so happy, happy he is part of our family! We would be a mess without him. Happy Father's day, Mike!

11 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

We have fairly similar circumstances each year - Sean's birthday is usually the same week as Father's Day, though never actually on the holiday. Your chocolate torte sounds divine and I love the family picture!

Amy said...

So glad Mike had such a fun birthday and Father's Day! We love you Mike and wish you all the best! Love the picture of your whole family! Super cute!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday & Father's Day Mike. You are a wonderful dad! :) Love the pictures! I need a copy of that last one! Too fun!

Katie said...

happy birthday Mike!!!! Could you come and do some girls hair here? What a great looking family :)

Katie said...

happy birthday Mike!!!! Could you come and do some girls hair here? What a great looking family :)

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday!! I must admit that I like Mike quite a bit too. :)

Lindsay said...

Happy Father's day!!! (This is my attempt at a little separation) We love you!!

nealthomason said...

I love the hat with your cake, it is like the ones they gave me in school. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE !!!!!!

Dinah said...

Ahhh! Happy Birthday! I loved your family picture -- Wishing we lived closer...

Danielle said...

Um Cheri, YOU are a hot mama.

Anonymous said...

WOW! The boy on the right side of this pic without a shirt is absolutely gorgeous https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sav6Q4J2K2U/TB7cVEX8tEI/AAAAAAAABtk/mDUFtY-kFnY/s0/002.JPG

He is very good looking and he has a beautiful and gorgeous looking smooth body. He is so damn good looking I had a hard time taking my eyes off this gorgeous little beauty.