Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Homeschool Day!

That's what Jacob was singing over the balcony upstairs this morning.

Our first day - had to still get pictures

Jacob took a picture of his workstation.
He was SO excited.
Check out those freshly sharpened pencils.

We had a lovely time and were finished by 10 a.m. (A short morning to start off with.)
The boys were amazing workers. So cheerful and cooperative. Amelia was great as well! She painted while the boys worked, and then was "eraser girl" while I worked with Andrew on the white board.
I even found time to fold and put away a load of laundry while the boys did some writing.

So even though there will be days I will wonder why we made this decision, I am incredibly happy that it wasn't the first day!!!!

Wonderful children. I hope I can do great things for them.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Alissa said...

i'm really so jealous... i fear homeschool is in our future as i'm terribly unhappy with all the state-mandated garbage and budget cuts... blah blah blah...

i may be picking your brain.

Ronna said...

Oh, I always knew you would be a great teacher. I loved the post before this one and am happy that you are doing what works for your little family. I think you are the most selfless person I know. Have a great time!

Cheri said...

Alissa - hear hear to your concerns with public school. I had gotten so deeply involved I became thoroughly disappointed in the education system and decided that I could spend my time better - directly affecting my children. It IS daunting. The possibilities that keep coming to my mind, though, are SO very exciting. So we'll see how long we last.

Kierstin said...

Wow!! I didn't know you were contemplating homeschool and then decided to make the plunge. Good for you. I can't wait to follow how it goes. I think about homeschooling a lot, but don't know if I've got what it takes. I can't wait to here more about your experiment throughout the year. Be strong.

Lindsay said...

YAY! They all look so cute & excited! I hope it all goes well for you and is a great thing for your family. So many fun possibilities!!