Let me give you some background. I've decided to homeschool my kids. I'll have to do a different post on that, but here's what happened tonight.
Our elementary school's Welcome Walk was set for tonight. It's when you find out who your teacher is. You wait, excitedly and impatiently, between 5 and 7 for your teacher to show up at your door. She brings you a little bag with papers for mom and dad, a write up about her, and some fun stuff like pencils...maybe a zebra ruler, and then visits with you for a few minutes and is off again. Then your kids are calling all their friends to find out who's in who's class. Lots of fun.
About 6:30 Jacob started his phone calls. First on the list, Simon.
Here's what I could hear from the other room:
"Simon! Hey! Who'd you get?!
Awesome! Are you excited?
Were you hoping for her?
Do you know who else is in your class?"
....a little chatter. And then apparently Simon decided to start asking Jake the same questions, even though he knew Jake would be at home this year.....
And Jake answered, "I got Ms. Anderson! Oh yeah, I like her a lot. She's the one I wanted the most."
Then he looks over at me and smiles a heart melting smile.
LOVE.
1 week ago

10 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! that is so cute!
oh p.s. i miss his interpretations of lukes language. i wish i still knew what luke was saying. haha i love you jacob!
That is very sweet! He is so smart and is lucky to have gotten you as his teacher this year! Good luck as you start your new teaching job!
Oh my gosh that just made me well up! What a good boy and such a awesome momma! You are awesome Cheri. I have been thinking about you. We really wanted to come to see the bats with Warren before school started but we have been consumed with in-laws living here. Anyways, maybe a weekend soon before the bats leave. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Lets talk soon! Hope you are well. :) Love ya
So, so sweet!
Good luck with the home-schooling. I don't think I could ever have the patience for that.
aaah! made me cry. It will be such a treasured time in your lives. Wish we lived closer. I'd love to help. Miss you all!
Cheri~
What an amazing little guy you have!! I am curious to see how you enjoy home schooling. John and I decided to home school Jasmine this year (she would be going into the 7th grade...yikes!!) We are keeping the other two in elementary. If Jasmine makes it through this year alive I may consider keeping the others home next year. Good Luck!!
P.S. What a cool idea the welcome walk is!!
Oh I don't know why I am crying. Darn grandma, I am the biggest baby! That is so cute. He's in big trouble for not mentioning his art specialist Ms. Burtenshaw ;). I am so excited!
awww, that's so dear. do you ever read Michelle Blime's blog? she talks about her homeschooling adventures. Here's the link if you don't already have it:
http://michellesorganizedmess.blogspot.com/
Good luck--you'll be AWESOME!!
Yep it made me cry. What an ABSOLUTE sweetheart. I'm still crying. You will be AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment