Friday, January 20, 2012

Somebody Turned 8 Around Here!

Enough of my last pity party post. Nothing is fixed but my attitude, and that HELPS! The rest will be taken care of this weekend. Oh and I must add, a number of friends have done kind and very helpful things for us so that helps a lot!

Now on to something marvelous!

Andrew got baptized! December 27.
It was lovely and he was so very excited.


Nani and Poppy

This is a classic picture of me procrastinating. This is about ten minutes before we get started. I am the one speaking on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I am just now beginning to pull thoughts together. My mom on the other hand is the Queen of Preparation. She is sitting on the other side of my dad. She gave a talk on baptism that was stellar. Really brought the Spirit. Full of easily digestable teachings. There were a number of people there who were not familiar with all our church's teachings so I know it was helpful for them as well, to understand why Andrew is making the choice he is.

Lenore, Cara and Josh, the Bonners, the Porters. Lenore is known for her cooking skills. Andy requested that she make doggy cookies for the refreshments and so she did. A great friend.

Poppy and his little admirer. Well - I am going to call them co-admirers. If they were not related Amelia might find a way to marry him.  Oh, and beyond Millie is Uncle Kris talking with Jacob.  Jacob thinks the world of him and I am so grateful that Jake can have Kris in his life.

Goofing around.

The wonderful Martinez family


I'm so pleased to see Andrew choose to be baptized and to be so faithful in reading the new scriptures Grandma and Grandpa got him. He LOVES to read them. (Stays up late at night knowing full well that if he is reading those it will be harder for me to get upset and insist on lights out.) Anyway - he has a testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel. He shared it with us all as we did a lesson on testimonies the other night. He is a good boy. Persistent in all he deems important. I love him to pieces!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Emily said...

You should give me a heads up when these things are happening! We would totally drive down silly Cheri! COngratulations Andrew! So proud and happy for you buddy! :)

amydear said...

How great for Andrew! I remember when he was born in A2. He's such a special kid. I'm glad he got to share his day with so many friends and family members.

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

Andrew, I was so impressed with the number of times I found you reading your scriptures while we were there. The Lord has promised us that as we "feast" upon His words we will know everything that we are to do. I know this is true. Congratulations. We love you - Grandma and Grandpa

Amy said...

I would have loved to have been there, Andrew! I'm proud of you and your decision. You are a good kid and do a great job taking care of your mom and brother and sister. I love you, Buddy!

-Uncle Spencer