An official complaint. To whomever it may concern.
I give. Uncle.
I am not a fix-it person. Never have been. I find it highly irritating to go through directions printed in small type and work with something I've had no experience with. I am not a pansy - give me a really hard thing to do (physically or emotionally) and I will do it. Tell me what to do and I will. I don't really like figuring things out. Using the old brain upstairs. I know. Not an awesome trait.
So "recently" (I use the term loosely) I discovered the upstairs toilet running constantly, even after my father in law did the basic whatever you do to stop that sort of thing. (I know it's been explained to me many times, but it hasn't stuck, and I couldn't do it right now if I tried.) So anyway....it's still running and I decided that was it. I AM GOING TO FIX SOMETHING MYSELF, darn it! I bought the replacement kit over Thanksgiving weekend. It's still in the Home Depot bag sitting in my garage. The toilet is still running.
But after today I don't even want to think about it. You wanna know what has gone down and out around here in the last seven days?
1. My garage door broke. Finally. Broke as in the gear from the motor flew out onto the garage floor and the door fell.
2. My kitchen sink sprung a terrible leak underneath the counter.
-In response to this (while foolishly promising myself I'd look at it this weekend) I have been scraping plates in the trash and getting water from the bathroom to soak them and then quickly tossing them all in the dishwasher. Thank goodness I still have that.
3. Oops. Spoke to soon. My dishwasher just broke.
4. To make myself better I decided, like any normal American, to make myself a chocolate cake. Ummm....my hand mixer broke.
(don't try to use one of these immersion blenders to save yourself. The motor gets really hot and the result isn't awesome.)
5. And just for the icing on the cake (pun intended) my electronic panel in my van is turning off consistently now while in the middle of driving. Yes folks, my speedometer is included on that panel. And the oil started leaking on Friday.
Do I need a speeding ticket right now? NO. But it would seem fitting, don't ya think?
Yes, WOE IS ME. Pull out your violins. Waaaaaaaahh!
Luckily the chocolate cake just came out of the oven so I can go smear myself in it and get drunk on chocolate butter frosting. How does cake sound for dinner, kids?

8 comments:
Ooh, I'll get my violin right out! So sorry. I hope you get most of those things fixed. Your hand mixer is actually an immersion blender, and is supposed to be used in liquids like soups and and milkshakes and such. So that one might not have broken. But I hope the cake makes everything momentarily better!
Amy- the immersion mixer was actually what I used in my attempt to save the batter once my hand mixer broke. It was basically pointless and started overheating and so I went to a wooden spoon. I'd love to hear you Play. Do you get to often?
Oh, Blast! Best of luck. I am not the fix it type either.
OH Cheri,
This all sounds so awful. I would not even be able to write this post, I'd just be drugged on my bed. BLA! Do you need anything? Let me know ;)
Gracious!!! The garage door motor fell out & the door fell?! That is a post in & of ITSELF!!!! Oh my heavens, what is going on over there?! I consider myself a fix it type and I don't think I know how to fix ANY of those things! MAKE IT STOP!!! Maybe pack the kids & run away? I'm so sorry! I want to help somehow. Maybe I should bake & eat a sympathy chocolate cake? I could do that.
Sounds like a rotten week, all except the chocolate cake. If only I lived closer, I'd come eat it with you. I know that would be extremely helpful, but I'm not a fix-it type either!
Is any thing working? If so wait it will break. Holly Mackrol what else can go wrong. DON'T WORRY THING COME IN THREES AND YOU HAVE ALL OF THEM FOR TWO YEARS. Jake could fix most of it , but not the garge door.
wish we were closer
Love you G-pa
Oh Uncle! That sounds just awful! I hope you're able to get the necessary things fixed soon!
Post a Comment