Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gift Ideas

So I (Mike) was talking to Andy about what we could get Cheri for Christmas. Here's his brainstorming session:
A: "If she lost her ring, we could buy her a new shiny ring"
-"Ok"
A: "If she lost her hand, we could buy her a shiny hook"
-"Oh,"
A: "Because Captain hook has one ..."
-"True enough"
A: "She doesn't like our vacuum, so maybe we could buy her a new one ... but made out of gold."
-"Huh, umm"
A: "But I don't think they even make vacuums like that, so ..."

Good ideas all, but I don't know that we can rely on Cheri losing her ring or her hand in time for Christmas. And solid gold vacuums are only for NBA wives, right? Or Liberace or Elton John or something.

8 comments:

Alissa said...

I'd love a new hook.

Zeus Juice said...

I wish Andrew drew my name for Christmas!

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh -I am DYING!!! i can't stop laughing. still. I'll get back to you when I recover.

Emily said...

How bout a hook made out of gold?That seems like a great compromise. Plus, she would be like the coolest mum ever. Think of the numbers that you would attract at all those pirate birthday parties. ;)

Amy said...

blast! I thought you were going to give me some rad ideas for you two for christmas. Well it wont be my fault if we send you a vacuum trophie.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

That is too funny! I love how little kids' minds work!
It was great to see what your family has been up to and I'm glad I was able to link to your blog from a comment you left on Jenny's!
- Jennifer (Toftdahl) Southworth

Janelle said...

dying laughing! please just send me a days tape recording of andrew please.

Ronna said...

Didn't Cheri loose her ring in Ann Arbor and then found it walking to the garbage cans later? She definately needs to loose her hand so she can find it again. Or, just buy her that gold vacuum and maybey it will turn all of the dirt into pixie dust.
Love you guys
ROnna