Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Break Dancin'

I SO wish I would've had a video camera with me this past weekend. The kids and I went to a girl's birthday party. The theme was "High School Musical" and out of about 20 kids, J & A were the only boys. There was a trampoline and pizza and lots of girls to show off for - so they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Then came a "dance off" in which you had to shake your little bootie until the music stopped, and whoever was left wigglin' was relegated to the sidelines. Andrew completely ditched and went to play with the puppy in the backyard. Jake, on the other hand would slowly approach the circle of dancing girls and then back away again, over and over. I assumed he wanted to dance, but was embarrassed. Finally I saw him walk up to the mom in charge and say something in her ear. She got a huge smile and nodded her head.

Jake then proceeded to walk into the center of the circle, get down on his stomach, lift his feet into the air, and start spinning himself on his stomach as fast as he could. All the dads in the room started chanting, "Jake, Jake, Jake...!" and we were all cheering him on. When the music stopped there was no way he could stop immediately, so he was banished, but he had a huge grin. He ran up to me and giggled, "I was break dancing, Mom! Wasn't it cool?!" It was totally cool.

He told me later he went to ask the mom if there would be enough room, because he didn't want to smack into anyone. So much for me being able to read my kids. I would never have guessed what was going on his little brain.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I would have loved to see that! Jacob never seems to amaze and entertain me. He is such a little stud muffin.

Emily said...

PS I guess this (the new blog) means that Santa brought you a digital camera for Christmas, ehh??

suededsusan said...

He comes by it naturally! Tell him to ask his daddy to dance...they could cut the rug together!

Amy said...

I am sure Jacob was loving the cheering! What a cutie that he went to ask to be sure not to hurt anyone. He is so cute! We sure love Jacob!

Amy said...

Very cool blog background. Where did you find it? Did you create it yourself? Hope all is well! Love you!

Cheri said...

A-

found it at pyzam.com they have TONS.