The last few days I have been thinking about the upcoming (used loosely) election. I am so happy about the situation this time around vs. 3 or 4 years ago. Last time my feeling was uggghh! How to decide between awful and worse? Which one will do the least damage?
This time I feel a lot better about things. There is actually a handful of people I am interested in. Republicans and Democrats. No clear winner for me right now, and I am enjoying the process of learning more about them and trying to weigh the pros and cons of each. It is pleasant to have a great mix of morals and good leadership, and sometimes a candidate that has both! Anyways, I am very curious as to how all this ends up!
SIDE NOTE: I am listening to one of the most annoying CD's right now and having trouble concentrating, so I don't know how well written any of this is. Just a minute......
Ahhh! That's better. "Baby Beethoven" from Baby Einstein has been removed. Obviously I must be a fan of a different style of composer. All that bouncing and la-dee-da gets to me. And Amelia's out cold, so she obviously wasn't too into it either.
Anyway, onto the news that Jacob wants me to tell the world - he made dinner and did the dishes by himself tonight! Andy and I were given the assignment to set the table in the "fancy way" and told to "[not] forget the goblets!" My other assignment was to open and close the oven door. Jacob chose German pancakes and orange juice for dinner. I found the page with the recipe and he read it, got out ingredients, cracked the eggs, mixed with the wisk, poured, and voila! Dinner in 30 minutes. While it cooked he washed all the dishes. Highly cheerful all the while.
As we sat down I lifted my OJ in a toast to "Jacob's resourcefulness and delicious dinner!" and his smile from ear to ear was broken only by his deep dimple. What a fun night!
1 week ago

5 comments:
I can see Jacob's cute little smile now! What a great kid! Tell Jacob that we need him here to help make our dinner! Love you all!
I can't believe he is already trained to cook and clean. Good Work Mom. His future wife is very lucky! ;)
Wow, I'm amazed he's old enough to do that. I mean, I still picture him as he was when you left (though I think he was getting into the kitchen ingredients even then, with somewhat less success). I'm impressed that you've been able to steer his enthusiasm in such a positive direction.
Also, I love your blog. I've missed you. Congrats on your sweet Amelia. She's darling!
I am with you about the politics. I am very encouraged that we will have a good choice...there seem to be lots of good candidates.
Cheri, Cheri, Cheri...one of these days I will convince you (and Katie) to be republican. ;) Anyhoo, you should watch the 2 links on Kierstin's blog about Mitt (especially the debate highlights one)...they are awesome. I don't know how anyone could NOT vote for the guy! Love ya...even if you are on the fence.
Post a Comment