Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cowboys

For the past hour the boys have been playing cowboys. They couldn't decide who got to be the Lone Ranger, so they both are. (Not so "lone" as they would like to think). So anyway, they assigned me to be shopkeeper a few minutes ago because they had some supplies they needed to purchase. I sold them new hats, boots, saddle grease, sunglasses....whatever they brought up to me. At one point Jake threw down two books on the table and said in his best country western accent: "I'll take these; How to Heal a Wounded Cowboy (Doctor Dan the Bandage Man) and How To Train Your Dog (Poky Little Puppy)." He does this often, where he takes books/manuals along with him. Our books get all sorts of creative titles depending on his current persona. I wish I had written them all down!

As the amount of stuff they were purchasing escalated, I reminded them in my best cowboy voice, that "you'd best be prepared to put each a those away, one at a time, just the same's as you're pullin' them out, one at a time."

Jake stops for a second, cocks his head to the side and asks, "Is this here a rental shop?"

0 comments: