Friday, January 4, 2008

Will work for wisdom......

I love my family. I would like to think that I would do anything for them, but this past year proved to be a selfish one for me. Snuggled up to the white throne for about 6 months, and then again a couple months later, being HUGE, and having a severely sprained ankle, all led me to focus on myself. On reflection I realized that most of last year was surviving the daily grind, instead of enjoying and guiding it.

Thank goodness for a new year. "I feel good, na- na- na- na- na- na- NA. I [hoped] that I would..." (you know the tune), and I'm ready to be all that I am asked to be. Boys - I will be there for you and be FUN again! Burn the DVD player!! Mike - I might start to look cute again, AND cook dinner for you. Double whammy! Family and Friends - I promise to pick up the phone when you call, and actually do something for YOU for a change.

As I have been trying to figure out how to change the habits my family and I have slipped into (and out of), I have first started reading my scriptures, and secondly started reading my favorite parenting book Parenting with Love & Logic. Both are sources that I am eagerly diving into, hoping and trusting that the experiences of others will allow me some insight into how I might make personal progress this year, and in turn, bring more harmony into our home.

Onto the fun little things of today:

Jacob: "Figuring out that puzzle was harder than jumping on the back of a running mare!"

Andrew: "I am just going to give myself a BIG HUG!! I am soooo happy that I found all the pictures by myself"

Amelia: I am trying to roll over, but when I get close to it, I stop and give a huge smile to the audience I always have, and then flop back. Hee, hee, hee, ha, ha, ha..(evil laughter)

Cheri: Yay! I'm a big girl! I just finished all the laundry...AND put it away!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

ooh! adore the love & logic books. it's like they give you the weapons to fight the war on whining.

and similar to the scriptures, they need to be reread often to be able to apply them.

Amy said...

Way to go on the laundry! I think that is my least favorite task, but when it is done it sure makes you feel great! I can't believe that Amelia is already getting ready to roll over! I want to see her!