Today I'm going to spotlight Andrew to highlight some of his childhood - since my journal and I have been lacking a relationship. The title is just one of his many nicknames. Here goes a list of some others:
Andy
Andy Roo
Booners
Boonders
Dooners
Snoog
Rooney
Andy Rooney
Boondy Doondy Doo
Schnoogie Doons
Boogie Schnoogie
Little Puppy
Charlie
The last two are self imposed. Anyway, don't ask me how we got on a roll, but there is something about this kid that begs for a nickname.
Favorite pastimes:
Playing a puppy named Charlie. He used to refuse to respond to anything else. When he gets tired he'll say, "But Mommy, this puppy is just too tired! All he wants to do is cuddle/snuggle."
He loves to color, and since Halloween all he wants to draw are "Halloween houses." They all have a tall crooked house, with broken windows, bats, ghosts, and pumpkins out front. Sometimes he'll throw in a bit of smoke coming out the chimney.
Playing Spiderman. His suit that he got for Halloween 2 years ago now has a split all the way down the behind, but it's usually not off long enough for me to repair it.
Playing army guys. He first spotted army men at Granny's a couple of years ago. Santa at one point caught on and gave him some in his stocking. He will play forever, making all the sound effects and setting them up on our stairs.
Oh! One memory - he used to always play by himself in the backyard and would send himself to the corner to be in jail. He would yell in a mean voice like a sargeant, and then in a meek voice he would respond. What a goof!
Favorite Foods:
He's gone through different phases. I will try to remember them in order.
1. Plain yogurt and sweet potatoes
2. Peanuts and "code miwk" (don't know how to write it how he says it...)
3. Lollipops
4. Bubble gum (Used to be dum). He knows that every g-ma he has will be prepared with some in her purse.
5. "Chicken chorn chowder"
6. "Cinnamon Spithe Oatmeal" for "breaksis" everyday. He'll never just say oatmeal. He always has to be specific that it's cinnamon spice.
He could drink cold milk around the clock. I think he always says cold, because one time he had some warm milk that had been left out in a cup, and I don't think it's a taste he wants to repeat.
Funny Sayings:
** "Just one little question:" He says this all the time. All it means is that even though you've asked him to be quiet because it's time for bed, or your busy making dinner, or whatever.....he wants to say ONE more thing. Even when I say no, he says, "it's just ONE question, Mom!" and then he'll launch into some totally rad story, gruesome complaint, or repeat of what he just told you.
** If I am running upstairs for any reason during the day, he'll occasionally ask me where I going.
Me: I'm just putting away these swords
A: Okay, good luck. I'll see you later. Goodbye!
OR...Alright. I love you. Have a nice time.
** "binocleeurs" and "stelecopes" are the things he carries around as an army guy
** When he goes to the bathroom he announces it to everyone and then says "I need my Byacy." and closes the door. He now says privacy, but he still will never open the door to anyone. Once he is in the bathroom with the door locked he is in his own little kingdom. Who needs a babysitter? Once the kid goes in to poop, I've got at least 45 minutes to myself. (As long as I can concentrate while listening to his feet slamming the floor every time he jumps off the counter.) He also rearranges the drawers and uses my brush, our hand mirror, nail clippers, tweezers, and his toy boat every time for whatever game it is that he's playing. You can hear him stash them all under the stool when you knock on the door to get in.
Well, this is getting long, but I feel great about getting some of it written down before I forget it.
He is such wonderful, sweet, lovey boy.
WE LOVE YOU, ANDREW!!

3 comments:
Cheri, your kids are too cute, and you are obviously a wonderful mother, despite your previous posting... :) I'm soo glad you have a blog so we can keep up on you guys--I was too sad when you moved and we all sort of lost track. Love to you all!
Maren
We love little Andy too! What a tender hearted little guy he is. I love his fireman pictures too!
ROFL! I especially love that I can visualize some of what you wrote and the other I can specifically recall having heard him say it.
I thought we were nuts about nicknames but wow you guys go all out!!Anyway I hope you are doing ok with Mike gone so much! See you soon.
Post a Comment