
We've all heard of this best seller. It's time to combat the "playstation culture" and bring our boys outside...get their creative juices flowing. Build a thing or two.
Well folks, no purchase necessary. We're livin' it.
I walked outside this afternoon and was met with this sight:
(Sorry if the picture comes across as totally creepy!)
**This conversation ensued. My voice, incredulous; his voice, very matter of fact, shrug the shoulder type....Me: How did you do this?!
J: I just busted up the boards with some big rocks, and pried apart the table.
M: I mean, how did you nail the boards together? Where did you get the nails?
J: They were just in the table. All the boards were connected by nails, so I just pounded them out backwards with a rock and then put them where I needed them.
M: They are so sturdy!
J: Yeah, I just had Andrew hold the boards still while I was hammering.
M: So what are they?
J and A : HEADSTONES !!
J: Remember? I wanted some for this Halloween so our yard could be really creepy like Daniel's! (our neighbor) I know you aren't really a fan of "creepy," so I thought I would just make them myself!
He then demonstrated how he had laid the fence board over one large rock and then repeatedly thrown other heavy rocks until the board broke where he wanted it to.
So there you go. Headstones in an hour. Only primitive tools required.


1 comments:
Only Jacob! A very resourceful boy!
Post a Comment