Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wowzers!

Where have I been!?

The flu knocked us down for about two weeks as it ran it's cycle through everyone...yes, even Amelia. Then I had about 230 loads of laundry to do, crusty bowls of soup to unearth from the depths of the boys garbage pit, er, bedroom, and all the other stuff that comes with jumping back into life after having been absent for way too long. Luckily when I got time to catch my breath, Mr. Sunshine came for a visit. Yes sir, 80 degrees in February.

I got the bright idea to take the boys and a few of their friends to the park - by myself. So we zipped over to one of our favorite big parks, the doors slid open and the boys disappeared into a park that probably had 80 some people running around. Turns out everyone had the same idea. Amelia needed to eat right then, so I sat down, nursed, and commenced giving myself whiplash as I tried to keep an eye on 5 different boys running in 5 different directions. Whew!

The next day we went to a birthday party. I made little Robin Hood costumes for each of the boys. It was so fun to just mess around with a big block of fabric and have it turn into something recognizable. The boys were in heaven.





Anyway, things are looking pretty good for this Texas family again. Yeehah!

1 comments:

Amy said...

So happy to hear that you are all feeling better now! What cute costumes you made! Good job!