The other day my friend is over with her two girls. The kids are all playing outside and we are chatting it up inside. The telephone rings...I answer it.
Poppy: Hey! It's Poppy.
Me: Hello! So what's up?
P: I'm just returning Jacob's phone call.
Me: Um, are you sure? I don't think he called today.
P: I'm not sure, but that's the message Nani gave me.
Me: Okaaay, let me check.
I walk outside and ask Jake if he's made any phone calls to Poppy lately.
Jacob: Yes, I did. Is that him on the phone?
Me: Yes
Jake: Great. (very business-like)
He takes the phone from me, I shrug my shoulders and walk back inside to resume my conversation with Lauren.
A few minutes later, as he is opening the door to come in I overhear him saying into the phone "I'm pretty sure there's nothing on the calendar that day.."
He moves the phone away from his mouth and calls, "Hey Mom! Will it work out for me to head over to Poppy's on the 26th to build a treehouse?"
I told him we would talk about it later, he passes the message on to Poppy, and then ends the phone call with "I'll get back to you about that."
He was so business like. He commands his world. He is hysterical. Making his own phone calls and arrangements. Nice of him to double check with me, don't ya think?
4 weeks ago

4 comments:
He's such a funny guy--and obviously destined for greatness. I can just see him as a ten year old, managing his own department. ;
The title of your post is perfect.
Next year for christmas? A neon green blackberry!
Remember me from Ann Arbor (your visiting teacher)? I just found your blog... SO CUTE! We finally started a family blog:
http://smallthingsgreatway.blogspot.com/
Love, Christina Franklin
Hi Cheri! I'm Amy Ann's sister...Shelley. I had to tell you that I love reading your blog. You are such a creative writer. I can totally hear this conversation in my head. Your boys are so funny!
Post a Comment