The boys went to the coolest "boys only" birthday party ever this past weekend. They were told to wear something that could get filthy and wet, and to bring goggles.
They started off with a few food related games...
Here Andrew is trying to eat a bunch of saltine crackers as quick as he can and then whistle. We used to do this during Family Home Evening when I was little.
Jacob carefully listens to directions..
and is THRILLED when he hears he gets to dig around in the whipped cream with his FACE!
He found it - the golden jelly bean!
After a few other games they moved onto the highlight - a full out food war. There was macaroni and cheese, pork 'n beans, spaghetti, mashed potatoes, jello, cream pies, ketchup, and marshmallows. It was disgusting!! I could not stop laughing. The tarp got so slippery they could hardly move around and were slipping and sliding in the filth.
One of the parents nailed it right on when they commented that it stunk like an elementary school cafeteria.
The end product.... all the boys underwent a power wash with a hose at the end, it took a while and Jacob still had quite a bit of ketchup in his hair when we got home.
Andrew did not want to get dirty, so here he is during the food fight...his little look breaks my heart!
And here he is finally enjoying himself again during the water fight at the end.
I always wanted to be part of a food fight. Someone in college got wind of this, and for my twentieth birthday I got nailed in the face with a chocolate cream pie. Brrr! It was cold, and was a total surprise, but it really WAS fun! (though attempting to get the chocolate stains out of my pants later on wasn't quite as fun!)
4 weeks ago

7 comments:
oh my gosh! that really is the coolest boys only birthday party ever!!!
Food fight! Genious. I'm looking for ideas on how to celebrate my 30th birthday. I'm considering this.
Katrina - DO IT! And then let me know how it goes! don't forget to put down a big drop cloth, though, or you will be dealing with all sorts of surprises for a long time coming...
hahaha oh man i just love jakes face in the one where he's found out he gets to dig through the whip cream with his face. lol i can't stop laughing
The expressions on them both are priceless. I can totally see Jake lovin that up.
what an awesome birthday party idea. Poor little Andrew. I love all the pictures. Jacob smothered in ketchup. You should post the picture of you taking the cream pie in the face. I think I have a copy.
aw man, that looks great! i want to do that for my next birthday! dang, it's in January. hmm, doubt i could talk any of my girls into it... jake's face reminds me of when derek took me and a couple friends to chuck e. cheese's for my 30th bday! :)
Post a Comment