A few pictures of where we have been hanging out last week and this. The boys are in swim lessons. Jake has done a wonderful job. Today they worked on breathing every third stroke and keeping their head to the side, rather than looking up. Jake likes to race the kid swimming next to him in this picture. (Wonder where he gets his love of racing....ha,ha. For those of you that don't know - the only way I can get myself to clean or to complete a task I don't particularly want to do, is to set the clock and go for it. The boys have been trained well. "Jake, Andrew - upstairs! See if you can clean your bedroom before I make this disaster in the kitchen disappear! GO!")
Andrew's haven't been going so well. He is in between class levels, and this one is not challenging enough. I actually have been rather frustrated. When the class description says, "Introduction of strokes and breathing rhythms.." I expect them to be beyond blowing bubbles and kicking their legs while hanging onto the wall. We are on day 5 of 8..... He already knows how to swim about 10 feet with kicks and strokes, it just needs to be refined, so he gets bored in class and doesn't want to cooperate when they start playing "motorboat, motorboat.." Grrr...
Anyway, Amelia likes watching. I need to get some pictures of her in the water. She LOVES it. One great thing about living in the land of terrifying heat - your children become little fishies.
4 weeks ago

1 comments:
Looks so warm and fun! Way to go boys! We can't wait to see you!!!
Post a Comment