Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two Things



Since Father's Day was this last Sunday, and Mike's birthday is today, I have had the blessings of a good spouse and good parents on my mind. I never did a post on Mother's Day, so I'd like to take a moment to tell both my parents that they mean the world to me. Literally.

They built the foundation I now stand upon. They taught me about my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. Through their example of following the teachings in the scriptures, and their commitment to continue following our living Prophet's counsel, I was able to feel the Spirit in our home, and learn where to find answers and strength. These teachings have served me well. The relationship I have with my Heavenly Father, and the wonderful traditions my parents established in our home as I was growing up, have been an incredible strength.

I am so very grateful to them. How my mom had seven kids in ten years and did not go insane or beat us is beyond my ability to comprehend! I had lots of fun and remember lots of teaching going on. She is still a rock solid support system and is continually teaching by example. Teaching, serving, and loving can be extended to many others besides children in the home.

My Dad has been a wonderful provider. Not only of shelter, food, and clothes, but gospel teaching and patriarchal leadership. He was, and is, always careful to balance work and family life. He LOVES to play with us. He and my mom make an incredible team.

Thank you!!





And on to my wonderful husband! It's not the greatest picture, but it's the only one I could find of him with all three kids doing one of the things we love... going on family walks.

Mike is so great to these kids. They love him! He takes them on bike rides, to the park, to the swimming pool, wrestles the boys and rubs Amelia's tummy with his head until she gets a rolling giggle going. He tells Jakelor and Andor stories to the boys, and is great to have talks with them about "serious boy stuff" when they have questions.

I have so much fun with him! We love to talk with each other and to be funny. I am really so happy we are friends and that he is a part of my life. Happy birthday, Mike

2 comments:

Kat said...

I agree, you have awesome parents whom I love. They are great examples, and love and serve everyone around them. It was fun to read this post. Looks like you are following in their footsteps.

Emily said...

Cheri,

SO I have been MIA for a while but we have had a ton going on. I will have to call you soon and so we can catch up. Love this post. You do have amazing parents and both you and Mike are such wonderful, FUN parents! Love to you all.