Our first ripe orange of the season! The boys are vying for the chance to be the one to pluck it in all it's glory.
As we were driving home from preschool - bringing a friend home with us - it was the first thing Andrew told his friend about. "Guess what. You're not gonna believe this. We have an orange tree in our backyard and there is a RIPE ORANGE on it!! You're gonna LOVE our house."
Simple pleasures.
Which reminds me....Jake gave the Family Home Evening lesson on Monday night and it was on simple pleasures. He did a great job. Afterward we each took a turn saying something simple that makes us happy. Jake said flowers, and then expanded it to include "all of nature - it's beautiful." Andy said, "Can I say 'when Jacob plays with me?'" And of course I don't remember what Mike and I said. We're not as cute as them.


5 comments:
It could have been "When Mike plays with my oranges"....oh, I am bad but I couldn't resist!
emma lee- YOU, little missy, are going to make me put on some kind of censure block. Holy cow! but you did make me laugh - or I guess do a guffaw thing.(:
Hey I was just talked about your tree in the backyard...I can see where your mind is?! These blogs need spiced up a little every now and then right?
That was too funny...my security word was meonge. HA HA HA HA
I love that you have an orange tree in your yard. THat is freaking rad!
Post a Comment