Jacob is a Paratrooper and Andrew is a skeleton
The princess/queen/pretty girl/angel...
Lady Love and her entourage
We had so much fun!! What a great way to end an incredibly full and stressful week. We drove around and hit some special friends that are not right on our usual trick or treating route, and then met up with our friends Leah, Hailey, and Cameron, that we trick or treat with every year. The kids all did so great this year. Amelia was so excited to be out with all the others. She thinks every costume is funny and really seems to like getting dressed up. She never likes to wear headbands anymore, but when she saw Andrew and Jacob put costumes on, she didn't make one complaint when all her stuff went on. The weather was gorgeous and I had a lot of fun visiting with my friends as we walked along.
Jacob, in a nice turnaround this year, sprinted from house to house, rather than spending 5 minutes visiting with each person at each house. It definitely moved things along! All the rest just attempted to keep up with him.
This morning we sat down to sort through the mother load. Jacob ended up with 172 pieces with Whoppers, Tootsies, and Laffy Taffy's coming out on top as his favorites. (When asked, he replied, "It's hard to choose between so many scrumptious looking goodies!)
Andrew came in as our family winner with 213 pieces of candy. When he finished sorting he sang in a made up sort of tune..."duh- dah - duh - da...I'm Captain Candy...Captain Candy....Captain Candy!" Yes he was. Favorites were Smarties, "chocolick" eyeballs, and "explosion things" (atomic fireballs). Not to mention the probably 40 lollipops he squirreled away.
Amelia walked probably a quarter of the time and loved walking with her two adoring fans, Miss Hannah Montana and Miss Ballerina. Finally at one house she actually got herself a piece of candy. It was hilarious. She came running back to me with a big grin, jabbering away and then sat right where she was and first tried to open the package, and then to just eat right through it.
Here is the candy bag I made for Jacob's paratrooper costume. He requested a man jumping out of a burning plane. (My camera was on some funny mode and a lot of our pictures were blurry.)


8 comments:
how totally fun. we're drowning in candy over here.
love the paratrooper bag. seriously. so so cute. matt and i had a good giggle over it.
It is SO good to hear about your Halloween! The kids all look AWESOME! What a fun night. Congrats to Captain Candy!!
Kids look awesome. Jacob gets the most original costume, Amelia is the most angelic & Andy Roo is the creepist. I don't know what it is about that skeleton costume but it creeped me out when he was playing with it while I was there.
Love the bag. So creative...as usual. Luvs
Fun times! We waited up all night waiting for you to knock at our door. Oh well, maybe next year...It's hard to believe Amelia is walking around. Crazy. Love ya and see you soon.
I can't believe you actually counted all the candy!!!! I caved in and have eaten way too much of my kid's. Caitlynn doesn't seem to like the chocolate as much as I do, she has been fussy the past few days. Who knows. Love the bag-you are such a good mom.
Thanks for all the nice comments and for that phone call the other day. Can't remember when you called but I did get your message and enjoyed hearing your happy voice. Take care
cute costumes! Amelia is too beautiful for words. Love the paratrooper bag--could you be more stinkin' awesome?
I love the picture of Andrew and Jake in the tree. They look like creepy life like mannequins. I'm glad you Halloween was happy :)
I love the part where Amelia gets her own candy! The kids look great.
We didn't get one trick or treater over here so I dropped our pumpkin full of candy and mom and dads. I am sure they appreciated it!
By the way you are so creative and good at making cute little things... like the bag and the cards you make for b-days. Ive tried to make cards like that and it's mostly just embarrassing.:)
Post a Comment