Jacob and I were just in the kitchen getting breakfast. He was huddled on the carpet with his legs tucked up in his pajama shirt and telling me how cold he was. I said, "Oh really? I am so hot right now."
Jacob responded with, "That's exactly what I would say. I climbed into bed next to you and when I touched you, you felt like a hot hot dog on a barbeque!"
Which reminded me of a hilarious comment Mike made the other day. As I was doing make-the-jeans-fit lunges, I mentioned something about these jeans maybe being a bit too tight still. He said, "Tight jeans aren't so bad. It's sausage casings you want to avoid."
I laughed about that for the next two days. What a perfect description. (Unfortunately, I believe the set I had on were borderline casings, and yet I did not remove them.....)
So if you run into me and have the urge to put mustard on my buns.... I'll understand.
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
Make the jeans fit lunges!!! I can't stop laughing!!! SO true. Clay always looks at me mildly amused and asks if I'm having trouble. I'm STILL laughing!
THANK you. Do you know that I was waiting for your comment, specifically? That post was written for you, baby. I really kept breaking out in laughter for a couple of days straight, whenever the sausage comment would pop into my head.
One day I was doing squats (with a bit of a back and forth bootie shake), rather than lunges. Jake was watching me and started laughing. "What kind of a dance is THAT, Mom?!" So of course I had to tackle him to the floor.
I can't believe I have known you this long and I have never been privy to a personal demonstration of these lunges. Share the love baby...
Post a Comment