Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sailor Man

Oh, my sweet Doogey Doons. I love, love, LOVE him! I was sitting here sending off some emails, and he was continuously grunting. I finally bothered to look up and check out what he was up to. He was building a ship.

It would take him about 30 full seconds to laboriously drag each pillow across the room (all of 20 feet) and hoist it up on the couch. If I had been assessing the situation from afar, I would've been convinced that each of those fluffy things weighed 10 pounds. After setting each "block," "sail," or "steering wheel" in place, he would dust off his hands and mutter something about how strong sailors were and make lots of worn out sounds on the way to get the next pillow.

Then finally a salute and a "Goodbye, Mommy! I'm sailing to Utah!"

6 comments:

Polliwog said...

Those boys are so creative. I am constantly picking up my jaw after reading of their exploits. So fun.

Sailing to Utah, huh? That ought to take awhile.

Cheri said...

polliwog - I just almost choked on my apple. Sailing to Utah....I'll have to tell you about my bus trip to Utah by myself with the two boys. I should write a book. Seriously.

Emily said...

Tell Andy roo that it will take him about 1/20th of the time to sail to Houston!

You should do a post just on the greyhound ride to Utah. I think that is the craziest story I have ever heard! "Jacob's mommy" was seriously putting the smack down in the bus! You should do a post just on that story.

Emily said...

Oh, yea...I just thought I should tell you again...you should do a post just on that story. In case you didn't catch that the first two times. Placenta head is killing me this morning.

Cheri said...

i'm sitting here just laughing and laughing. Don't ask me why, but as I was reading your comment, I got the bright idea to do a post on my bus trip to Utah. Do you remember that story?

Lindsay said...

emma lee- placenta head!! Tell me that's morning sickness.
cheri- yes,yes, I'm seconding the bus trip post.