Monday, March 3, 2008

The Possibilities....

Our trusty old dryer bit the dust 3 weeks ago. I have been hanging laundry out to dry in every conceivable spot, and made one massive trip to the laundromat. Finally enough was enough. Hanging underwear and socks is not cool. We got a great price from a friend selling their dryer and voila!


This picture shows the source of my absolute joy today. All of a sudden doing laundry is a luxury. It's like when we got a dishwasher after years of doing it all by hand. It seems so easy!! You just toss it into the machine!

SO - when I see this glorious machine, I think of the possibility of piles of clothing disappearing.

Jacob sees different possibilities.

The minute he walked in the front door he noticed the old dryer sitting right outside the laundry room.

J: What?! Why is the dryer out here?!

ME: (in a gleeful voice) Look in the laundry room!

J: Cool! We got a new dryer!

He slowly spun around with a glow beginning to widen his eyes. He walked to the old dryer with something close to reverence and said (mostly to himself):

"Ooooooh, I could use parts from this for some serious projects...."

(at this point I stifled a laugh and ran to grab the camera).

He started checking out the whole machine and "Mmmhmming" and "oh yeahing!" to himself.

I firmly let him know that no projects were going to be happening today. (I was in the middle of a project with Andrew and was not the least bit interested in having a dryer dissected in my dining room.)

Wish me luck on getting rid of the dryer before he gets home from school tomorrow!

I'm curious what possibilities he was seeing.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

first of all- and no I haven't read anything yet-I love all the flowers!! Please tell me how you do cool things like that.

Lindsay said...

Okay-now I read it. That is funny. I can hear it, I can see it. I love the stifled laugh. i can never hide my laughing from my kids. I'm a weakling!!