Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Break - First Edition

This past week was our Spring Break. I decided to go with the flow and see where the boys' desires carried us. I kissed household cares goodbye and we made some good memories and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

On Monday it rained all day so we played Legos. I was as into it as the boys were. We excitedly dug through all the boxes that were passed on to us, and found some good stuff. Here are some pictures of a neighborhood we were working on. **the pueblo at the top is mine. I was so delighted to find the little man I found to put out front. He made me laugh. So perfect.**

Andrew's had a Keep Out sign that he loved. He named his car lump-suh-tee. He does this sort of thing often. Eg. "Mom, you call this a sidewalk, but I call it a kunkser, okay?" Sure, Andrew. "Bye Mom! I'm going to go play out on the kunkser!"

Jacob's had a blue fountain in the front and a garage on the side. I could not believe how addictive Legos are. Sign me up for Legos Anonymous.

Jake also decided to work on another project that afternoon. He walked up to me and announced in a definitive tone, "I've decided that it's time I made another army book... of all things army." He then went to get his supplies and I didn't see him again until he needed help binding it. Here he is with a few of his pictures.

He was a little sick this day. You might be able to tell that his eyes are a bit swollen. He went over to the neighbor lady's house to thank her for some treats she had sent over, and when she answered the door she exclaimed, "Jacob, are you feeling okay?" He told her he really wasn't, and she responded, "I could tell right when I saw you. You're missing the sparkle in your eyes."
She calls him her little magpie because he is always chatting and emphatic about it all.

Our little trooper was only under the weather for a day and luckily all the rest of us were fine.

1 comments:

Amy said...

What creative people you are! Jacob is a great artist!